Introduction to Physical Therapy
This course introduces students to the field of physical therapy through the history, medical terminology, documentation, therapy treatments, and pertinent legal and ethical considerations of the profession. Healthcare for a diverse population begins its thread in this course. Students will participate in clinical observations.
This course is offered in collaboration with Mountainland Physical Therapy. They also have 41 offices across the Wasatch Front, including Kaysville. This CTE course includes:
- Explore fundamentals of rehabilitation medicine.
- Identify medical, ethical, and legal issues governing clinical practice of physical therapy.
- Investigate the professions in Physical & Occupational Therapy fields.
- Identify professional standards and characteristics of a therapy team.
- Learn medical terminology and the musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, and cardiovascular systems.
- Explore the common pathologies of the integumentary system.
- Describe the progression and time frame of the healing process.
- Explore the unique needs of pediatric and geriatric patients.
Prerequisite: One of the following is required: Intro to Health Sciences or Exercise Science/Sports Medicine.
*CE credit available with Salt Lake Community College (SLCC), course PTA 1010.